At the end of Prostträdgården, close to the sluice-bridge, lies the Nyströmska buildings �� Köping’s last preserved riverside establishment.
The building, which dates from the 17th century, belonged to the Nyström family for five generations and functioned until 1979 as a carpentry shop. The Nyström brothers, Karl Oskar (1906-1986) and Erik Wilhelm (1899-1983) were the last carpenters to work there. The carpentry shop is well-preserved and all the tools and equipment still remain intact.
All work was carried out to order and they manufactured doors, door-frames and windows as well as furniture. Even boats were made in small numbers.
Kontakta oss Kontakta oss
Besöksadress: Östra Långgatan 25
Även vid särskilda evenemang och enligt överenskommelse.