About Köping's municipality
On the westernmost shores of Lake Mälaren, you'll find Köping, a community offering many exciting opportunities!
The incredible nature surrounding Lake Mälaren and the Bergslagen region sets the scene for many outdoor activities. You can sail on the beautiful Lake Mälaren and sample the fishing in Hedströmmen. Why not take a relaxing stroll along the promenade? Starting at the small harbour, travel through the "Old Town" to Stora torget, the market-square which is flanked by magnificent buildings from the end of the 19th century. You can reach Köping quickly and easily by road, rail and air.
Facts about Köping
- Approx. 25 000 residents.
- Pleasant downtown area with many beautiful buildings from the end of the 19th century.
- Close to several international airports – Västerås - 40 km, Örebro - 60 km and Arlanda - 140 km.
- Varied trade and commerce with companies such as Volvo Powertrain, GKN Driveline, Yara, Tibnor, Leax Group and Hästens. Various other industries are also represented in Köping such as plastics, goldsmiths, agriculture, forestry and horticulture, along with qualified engineering firms and research and development companies.
- Rich cultural and leisure activities represented by the theatre, city museum, auto- and technical-historical collection, active associations and clubs, amongst many others.
- Wide range of recreational facilities such as the tennis hall, riding stables and arena, swimming and bathing areas, hockey arena, 18-hole golf course and lots more.
Fax: 0221-251 31
Besöksadress: Rådhuset, Stora torget
Postadress: Köpings kommun
731 85 Köping
Closed for lunch: 12.00-13.00
Fax: 0221-250 50
Postadress: Barnhemsgatan 2
731 85 Köping
Opening hours :
(closed for lunch: 12.00-13.00)
GPS: N 59° 30.860', E 15° 59.510'